Ch.1



Dear Diary,


 
          I have just landed on this strange island along with a few other boys. The only sign of human life on this island so far is just a group of boys, the oldest being 12. I am not sure how to feel about an adult not being present on the island with us. The first boy I ran into here on the island is a fair-haired boy named Ralph. He seems pretty nice, besides the fact that he keeps trying to get away from me and avoid me.


         Something about Ralph made me feel like I could trust him, so I told him one of my embarrassing secrets. I told him how all of the boys used to call me "Piggy". Ralph laughed at me at first, but he soon dropped the topic. We found a conch shell in the sand, and decided to blow into it, to see if anyone else was on the island with us. It took a few tries before the shell actually made a loud noise, but when it did a fleet of boys with black garments came from the distance.


         A few minutes after meeting the group of boys, Ralph told them my secret about being called "Piggy". I felt so betrayed by this because I trusted Ralph and he told everyone my embarrassing secret. All of the boys laughed at me, and called me fat, I was very upset. However, I still thought of Ralph as my friend even though he betrayed me. We decided that we should elect a leader of the group, the nominees were Ralph, and Jack. Majority rules led to Ralph being our leader. Because of the results, Jack was upset, but then Ralph allowed Jack to be leader of the choir, and everything was fine. The rest of the day was pretty calm.


Signed,
       Piggy


 

Comments

  1. Very excellent! You portrayed the role of Piggy very nicely. Great grammar and spelling. Also reminded me of the time they found the conch shell. Continue the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good descriptions. great way of describing piggy. awesome use of words in this and good grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha I really thought you were piggy. I am in awe of your well written essay. Good job containing chapter 1 in just a few paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the voice as Piggy. The events that you included were also important and well described. Your grammar was good and everything else went along great, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your entries perspective of piggy it was very good. nice job on including important events also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I Love your entry. You reminded me of what happened in the story and started to put everything in motion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment